I am so amazed. SO amazed!! I’ve been given another award, the Top Recent Commenter Award ………. Ay yi yi, just a few weeks ago I was feeling sorry for myself, thinking that no one was reading my blog, no one was noticing ………. “No one likes me, & I’m gonna go eat worms.” I am so so happy to be wrong about this, haha
It does not escape my notice that this sense of “not getting my due” has been plaguing me ever since childhood. Oh, it’s taken on different forms as I traversed adulthood: “Why didn’t my work get rewarded!?” And even as I’ve moved into middle age: “Am I f***ing inVISible, or what?!?” But writing this blog is such a good mirror –> I see myself, & what I think, far more clearly. The writing itself, as y’all no doubt know, goes a long way toward clarifying one’s thoughts. But — surprisingly — the comments really help me laser in on some things, sometimes because they affirm what I wrote about. But just as often, comments give me some brand new angle on what I wrote, tiny tangential teasers. Several times, a comment has inspired another blog post. And, over time, many of the commenters are beginning to feel like friends:) Whenever I’m in their neck of the woods, I will seek them out for in-person get-togethers.
Conclusion: Community really does exist in the blogosphere! And commenting on each other’s blogs is an important, & enticing, element of that. Many thanks, much gratitude, to Reflections In a Puddle for giving me this — oh, how I enjoy our comment exchange:) And how I hope it continues & continues & continues …………..
Thank the person who nominated you.
Nominate 6 bloggers who comment on your blog the most frequently and notify them of the award. (You can find your Top Recent Commenters on your site stats page on the bottom, right corner.)
Nominate one more person…the 7th. This person can either be a brand new commenter on your blog, the very last comment you have received, or the one who has posted your most favorite comments. Tell us why you have chosen them as your seventh.
And answer the 7 questions.
So, now I am supposed to nominate six bloggers, top recent commenters on my blog. If you choose to accept the award, congratulations! If not, please look at this post as a token of my infinite gratitude.
- Reflections In a Puddle
- Inside the Mind of Isadora
- Fles’ Blog
- Tales from the Lou
- contoveros – He was one of my very first commenters, & he thinks I am a superhero for being willing to share my thoughts, trying to relieve the sufferings of others. ((Right after I publish this, I’m going to go work on my outfit ……..))
Thank you all for your comments! Keep ‘em coming!
Now, to the questions.
- Tell about one of your most cherished childhood memories. When the kids in the neighborhood would gather to play “War” (it was the early 60′s), & would choose up sides: I was worth TWO of the boys!
- Tell about one of the most cherished memories with your child(ren), pets, nieces, etc. My daughter & I would take large, unfolded boxes to a high hill, & ride them like sleds.
- Tell one thing you’ve learn from a parent, or both, that has stuck with you. ((This is kind of an anti-lesson)) Grass in the yard will grow back. GET the swingset & the dog!!
- Tell one thing that you’ve taught or intend to teach to your child(ren) that will stick with them. In any situation, look for the elements that will make for a funny story later. Then …….. tell it, & have a good laugh!
- Tell about your favorite job, & why you enjoy(ed) it. Working in a health food store — I liked researching questions for people re herbs, supplements, etc; having access to the ‘latest things’ in the industry; &, the oh so interesting folks you can meet in the world of people looking for ‘alternatives’
- Tell what you are doing in pursuit of achieving an attainable goal. The goal: becoming wiser, more mindful, aspiring to being a bodhisattva. Steps toward the goal: READ MY BLOG …… Bwahahahaha
- Tell about one person who had the best influence on you in your life. That would be my daughter, because of all I was motivated toward doing, learning, being in order to be A Wonderful Mother to her (thanks, baby!)